Thursday, January 15, 2009

Oscar or Elmo

I find myself in a bad mood this morning. Not even sure why but grumpy and irritable. Kind of like Oscar the grouch. Now I am thinking Oscar being grouchy makes some sense. He lives in a trash can and people are always throwing junk in it. I would be grouchy too. Oscar seems to enjoy the trash but maybe he does not know anything different. 
I on the other hand do know something different. I am not enjoying being grumpy and pretty sure no one else is. I was pre Elmo days but he seems to be the opposite of Oscar. That guy seems to be eternally happy. Maybe even too happy, if that is possible but the guy is happy. So I am thinking I can choose. Do I want to be Oscar today or Elmo? 
Choice is one of the greatest gifts the Father has given us. It is very empowering. So I am reminded I can choose. I choose not to be Oscar any more today. Not sure I have Elmo in my DNA but I choose to be a little more like Elmo this afternoon.

Peace, todd

1 comment:

Andi Hawkins said...

If you start adding a high-pitched "hehehe" laugh after everything you say we cannot be friends anymore.